Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Sunday afternoon spent exhaustively cleaning a too long-neglected bathroom is made almost tolerable by a 50" plasma TV sitting only 5 feet from said bathroom. Normally, this wouldn't seem so great since today is the first Sunday since Labor Day weekend without NFL football. This grievous loss is tempered by Palladia, the HD-only channel that shows concerts and other live music programming around the clock. Unfortunately much of what they show is frequently repeated and much of it is quite awful. However, sometimes, such as today, they do pretty well. The past few hours have consisted of Oasis (live in England), Foo Fighters (live in London) and Pearl Jam (VH1 Storytellers). Next up? Kid Rock's VH1 Storytellers. Oh well, it had to end eventually.

After watching the MTV Europe Awards yesterday, the Kid Rock quota has been met for many months. Apparently MTV Europe still loves Kid Rock, as evident by his prominence on their award shows. Of course, this is the same award show hosted by Katy Perry. There is also a "lounge" of sofas with Jared Leto (and 30 Seconds to Mars) talking to many of the acts, including Grace Jones (seriously?) and...Kid Rock. It's just funny hearing Jared Leto talk about how big of a Kid Rock fan he is. Maybe Jared will be singing along at the BamaJam Music Festival in Enterprise, Alabama.

If this post does nothing else for you, let it remind you that life is sometimes best enjoyed on a couch with five pillows, a laptop, lemonade and Cheez-its...just a few feet away from a disinfectant scented (the smell of clean) bathroom.

4 comments:

Patrick Copeland said...

Palladia rules. I saw an awesome festival on it. Kaiser Chief's performance was aces.

Anonymous said...

i love cheez-its and lemonade too.

also of note, whenever i type "cheez-its" i want to spell it "chee-zits," which makes me feel gross about them.

RC said...

PC-
DO NOT tell me that Palladia is available for all you non-HD common people. It is only for the privileged few HD people. Maybe you're referring to the Isle of Wight Festival? I think I saw Kaiser Chiefs on that.

I Was Born in Georgia, But I Am Not Going to Die There, Mom said...

I'm sorry, did I misunderstand you, or were you saying something bad about Katy Perry?

Actually, I am FINALLY sick of her songs. But I think it took me too long to get to this point.